Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Billybootabella

I was inspired by my previous layout to put green and blue together for this Bella card. I just used scraps of lighter colors. It is hard to tell in the picture but I used watercolor pencil crayons to create a light 'puddle' at her feet. I then put some liquid glass over it to give it more of a water feel. Her boots have liquid glass as well so they look more like gum boots.

Stamp sets: Solo H, Romantic Backgrounds, Serendipity, and Billyboota bella
Colors: Heavenly Blue, Key Lime and White Daisy
I punched out the holes in the scallop border with the cropadile my favorite tool, and her top is done with prisma glitter (my favorite embellishment)

5 comments:

Toni said...

She is my second favorite Bella stamp, and the first one Sistah Veronica bought me to start me off on Bellas. You made her really come to life, all the attention to detail. I can definitely see the puddle AND the glassy sheen, and I also like the way you shaded her arms and legs to give that fleshy tone. Lovely lady -- we've been having rain and this is how I felt on the inside!

Kariberry said...

I love her!! I love the colors. Don't have her yet. I seen a card somewhere with a bella with an unbrella and the caption said... "Under the Weather"
To funny. =}

Veronica said...

Ha... I love Bellas totally addicted to them... I need an intervention.lol
She is so totally cute...

jo said...

Great card and that puddle looks fab!

Lynn Put said...

Lauel,
All of your Bella cards are fabulous! I love the scalloped edge and pink glitter on this card, very nice!

I enjoyed visiting your blog!

01 09 10