Monday, July 7, 2008

Tile Coaster Gifts

Sorry the coloring is a bit off but you get the idea. I made 2 sets of these for our host families in Japan (Jaimee and I each go to our own homestay). They are a little heavy but I figure by packing these over, I will make room for lots of stuff to come back!

Stamps: PSX, Hero Arts, Inkadinkadoo - I made myself a set of these tiles years ago before I was ever a CTMH consultant - I just copied them for the gifts - quick and easy!

Just to answer some questions, I buy the tiles at Home Depot, they come in a box of 8 I think for $5.99, you have to check through the box though as some are quite 'holey'. The brown leaves are leftover household latex paint that I used on my walls. The script is stamped with Stazon. On the back of the tiles I have glued a cork coaster (I get them at JYSK - 6 for $1). Easy Peasy! Takes no time to stamp them. I do spray with a matte sealer and voila! I have had my own personal ones for around 5 years, use them daily as coasters and they still look great. I have given them away as gifts a few times and everyone loves them.

14 comments:

Paper and Glue said...

These are sooo cool. Are they hard to make?

Jewel
SBS19 Sister

de said...

Ewwwwwwwww. I gotta make these. These are BEAUTIFUL! Where did you get the tiles? You just stamped with regular ink? Did you protect them in some way? Guess I should go read your post again... but I'd love to know where you got the coasters! Love em.

Lori said...

These are beautiful. I will have to try that.

Lynn Put said...

Wow these are beautiful! The family in Japan will love these!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh now those are awesome! I have always wanted to try something like this, but I know they wouldn't turn out this pretty! These are so cool! :)

My Paper World said...

They are beautiful Laurel! xx

Jenn said...

Laurel, these are absolutely beautiful!!! I love images and the script, so very pretty!! :D Everyone will love these!!!

Congrats on winning the prize with Taylor's Sketch Challenge!!! :D

Ramsey said...

I absatootalootly love these! What a great idea!

Anabela (Bela) Neves said...

I love those, good job!

Maryann said...

Hi Laurel--
Your tiles are beautiful. Nice work. I've found that Lowe's offers tumbled tiles as well and these seem to be smoother, less "holier" than HD's.
You've given me the inspiration to stamp some tiles now!! Thanks : )
Sis Maryann

My Time To Craft Challenge said...

These are brilliant,
Kate x
SBS19

Kathy said...

These are great!! Will have to try this out. Thanks for the directions and where to buy:)

Carolina said...

Ohhhh, these are adorable!

When you have a second, can you email me your snail mail? I wanted to send you some happy mail, craftycaro_04@yahoo.com, - thanks!

Veronica said...

Wait you are going to Japan??????

NO WAY..... oh have fun

01 09 10