Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Me at 40

One of my goals this year was to start an album about me. This is finally a page for that album! I tried to incorporate as many things that I love to use when scrapping (buttons, sewing, brads, flowers, stamps etc) as I could. The stamped journalling are on foam squares. The butterflies are attached only at the body and wing tips (scrunched for dimension). The dimensional elements were painted brown then stamped with Adorable Backgrounds. Everything is CTMH. Papers: Life Delights level 2; Colonial White cardstock, Sweet Pea cardstock
Stamps used: Playful Flourish, Journalling Jots, Butterfly Kiss, Hodgepodge Alphabet, The Works Alphabet, Delightful Alphabet, Adorable Background and some NEW stamp sets in the upcoming Fall/Winter CTMH catalogue: CIRCLE ABOUND; CODE IT

It does look better IRL and I love it!

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Laurel, what a great page and love your pic =)

Stacy said...

We all need to do this! Thanks so much for the inspiration! It looks fabulous!

Tiff said...

This is so perfect! I agree with Stacy...we all need to do this!

Jenn said...

WOW!!! Super fab LO Laurel!!! I love this paper and all the details!! :D

de said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love what you did and its a fantastic idea as well!

Kathi Carlson said...

I LOVE this. It's something I've always wanted to do, too. I'll be 55 in a couple of weeks - not cool but better than the alternative. LOL. Maybe it's time for that "me" album. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Stephanie said...

Laurel
these are my favorite papers...I love the chocolate DimEl. with the swirls. Thanks for the inspiration! I will be turning 50 next year and want to do a ME album .

Carolyn said...

Wow how did i miss this on your blog. I just seen it on BB. What a awesome LO. I love it. TFS

Eulanda said...

Oooohhh I love this!!

Kate T said...

this is a beautiful page, i love the pic too!
Kate sbs 19 xx

01 09 10