Saturday, August 30, 2008

Snow card

I used Beate's sketch again. I love the Notebook paper, can't stop using it! I also love how versatile the Novermber SOTM is. The letters and the snowman head are on foam squares as is the sentiment tag. It is hard to tell in the picture (I must get better at taking pics of cards and layouts), but I used liquid glass to adhere 3 little bells to the snowmans hat, the letters are covered in liquid glass and a bit of prisma glitter. I shaded the snowman's face with my copics. All supplies are CTMH except the bells, tag, copics and bracket sizzix.

This is also my card for the Meet the Verve Diva's Challenge #8. Michelle's challenge was to use some dusty supply that we just had to have, but haven't used yet or in awhile. I bought these little bells awhile ago and hadn't used them yet, and the circle metal tag was bought from Staples a long time ago and I haven't used them in awhile.

Stamps: All Decked Out (November SOTM); Boutique Alphabet; Winter Wonder
Papers: Notebook; Aspen (paper piecing)
Embellishments: bulk colonial white ribbon, bells, tag, pin

15 comments:

Sam said...

I love this card, the colours are fab together.

Deanne Clarke said...

Gorgeous card, Laurel!!! I am loving the light blues and pinks this year for Christmas cards!!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Fabulous card. How sweet is that little snowman. Makes me long for snow again. :)

Kathi Carlson said...

This is the cutest card ever! I haven't touched a winter-type stamp yet, but this card makes me what to! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Laurel! It's so cute!
Thanks for playing! Hugs and smiles

Stacy said...

Great card, Laurel. Your creations are fabulous!

Mary said...

This is soooo cute!!! I wasn't sure if I wanted that stamp set but you are making me change my mind!

No, my classroom isn't completely ready. It probably won't be until June, if you know what I mean. I've been working hard, though, and sleeping very little. I did those quick cards one of the nights I had insomnia from the September gitters. How are you doing? I get to see my 4th and 5th graders smiling in their seats on Wed.

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE THIS CARD! What a great idea to use a snowman to replace the O! I never would have thought of that!

Eulanda said...

Woo hoo another card to case!! ha ha!! Made me think about the unused Quickutz snowman I have...guess I will have to find the little fellow! Great job!

Catherine said...

love your color combo and love this card

Trinka said...

adorable..awesome card...just love this~

Carolyn said...

This is Totally Adorable! I love the snowman head > O I didn't think i liked that SOTM... Duh Hello
I love it now. :)

Jenn said...

Love every detail of this card!!! I especially love that snowman! :D

Jena said...

Great card - love the snowman head as your 'O' - TFS!

jo said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!

01 09 10