Thursday, November 27, 2008

Comfort and Peace

This is my card for this weeks SCS sketch challenge. My best friend phoned me tonight and told me her father passed away. I am in shock and feel terrible, wish I could be there for her (she lives out of town). I made this card to send to her. You get a sneak peek at one of CTMH's new stamp sets for January 2009! Stamps: Butterfly Kiss; Best Wishes (both CTMH)
Paper: Basic Grey Sugared DP; Olive and Colonial White cardstock (CTMH)
ribbon (Stampendous)
I colored the butterfly with my new shimmerz (love it!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah you got your stamps already too - beat me to the punch on this beautiful butterfly! Don'tcha love it.... beautiful card Laurel and belated happy birthday!

Lori said...

Laurel,
This is such a perfect card for your friend. Love the sentiment and it is so pretty.

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Beautiful Laurel. :)

scrappernic said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to get this set:)

Tresa Black said...

Laurel,
Beautiful card, and fabulous blog! Thanks for all the eye candy.

Candy said...

I'm sorry to hear of your dear friends loss. You have made her a beautiful card, Laurel. Love the butterflies on both cards -and the sneak peaks!
You sure were busy today - Saturday Nov.29th! All your cards are fantastic.

Jenn said...

Beautiful!!! I love that big butterfly!!! Such a perfect color combo too! :D

01 09 10