Monday, February 23, 2009

Thank you very much

This weeks Mojo sketch: I have used this color combo a few times in the past couple of years. I don't normally like blue or orange but I love this combo, so bright and cheery. Funny, I came by it when trying to make some mismatched pics 'go' when scrapbooking awhile back and it just worked. So whenever I need a 'pick me up' I tend to go back to this combo! Now on to the card. All supplies are from Close to My Heart except the punches and cuttlebug folder. I embossed the butterfly by first stamping in orange, then overstamping with clear embossing ink and powder. The butterfly is mounted with foam squares for dimension.

Paper: Heavenly Blue, Orange, White Daisy
Stamps: Damask Tiles; Intrinsic Background; Solo t; Placement Guide; Butterfly Wings (March SOTM)
Ink: Heavenly Blue, Orange, Clear embossing ink
Clear Embossing Powder
White grosgrain ribbon
sparkles
Circle Punch, Scallop Circle and Scallop border punches: SU!
Swiss Dots embossing folder

6 comments:

Shelly Koskinen said...

WOW! I love this card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous, Laurel! Love it! Thanks for playing. :)

pat said...

Great card...I have this stamp set and I wasn't sure if I liked it...you just made me LOVE it!!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... what fun colors ... love that big orange butterfly.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card...love the color combo.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card...love the color combo.

01 09 10