Monday, May 18, 2009

Red Hot Love You

The sketch this week from 2 Sketches 4 You I went out of my box again and made a card with bright colors, not only that it is so not me! I finally broke into my MM Slice that I won a couple of months ago and wanted to try it out. It came with a basic cartridge and I used it to make the word 'love'. I had a couple of dumb moments with it, but once I figured it out, I love it! Now off to buy some more cartridges!

The lips are hand cut out of pattern paper, painted with Shimmerz so they sparkle and mounted on foam squares. I also scented the card with Red Hot Card Scents, yummy!


Pattern Paper: American Crafts
Cardstock: CTMH
Cutting Machine: Slice
letter sticker: Making Memories

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

Laurel, what a fun & sassy card!!!

Unknown said...

Oooolala! Love it!
Laurel, hop over to my blog and snatch The Lemonade Stand Award for having a blog showing attitude and gratitude. Blessings!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Very fun card!!! Love the colors and the big "kiss". :)

I have seen a few people use those "combs" to stand their cards in.

Can you tell me what exactly it is? And where I might find one? ;)

TIA,
Alicia

Lori said...

Love the sparkly lips and paper.

Sparkplug17 said...

What a fun card! I love the zebra print.

Denise said...

Very Fun!!! Love the lips!

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card! I've been waiting for you to comment on your Slice, too. Happy to hear you like it.

Laura Davis said...

I LOVE this look Laurel! Darling:)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

jacque4u2c said...

Just stunning - keep going out of the box - it works for you!

cnelson said...

FABULOUS! love, love, love what you did with the sketch!

Sarah said...

This is so eye catching and bright. Love the lips!

claudia shadler said...

ooh! Very cute and teen-y! haha, Don't you just love the DP from AC? I have it too and simply adore it! Very nice card!

Clouds :D

Carolina said...

What a fun card Laurel - so chic!!!

Angela said...

What awesome dp, and those lips are so cute....

Unknown said...

Fun & fabulous! Great card!

Carolyn said...

Too cute! Love it!

~Lori Roop said...

Totally fresh and fun! Love it!!

01 09 10