Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hip Hippo Hooray

I have made A LOT of posts this weekend so be sure to scroll down!!!

My family is away. Jaimee is on a 4 day band trip to Whistler (I will pick her up in a couple of hours), Danica and Jason are at a track meet in Victoria and should also be home in a few hours. Now it sounds like a nice, relaxing and perfect weekend for a paper crafter don't you think? Well originally I had planned on staying home from the track meet to catch up on stuff around here, including work stuff. What I didn't plan on was being sick! I have a VERY sore throat and ears and have done a lot of sleeping this weekend. I did go into the school for a couple of hours today. Other than that I have been eating ice cream and a bit of crafting. A pretty good weekend indeed, however, the 'stuff' will still haunt me this week! Ah well, it can wait!

This weeks CPS sketch

I kept my card simple as it is for my nephew. For the foam number I heated it a bit and then stamped it with the Spot On Backgrounds, which I had inked in Versamark (so it wouldn't stick). The sentiment is printed on the computer with the CTMH font called 'hippo' - appropriate don't you think! The sentiment and hippo are mounted with foam squares. All supplies are from CTMH.

Pattern Paper: Animal Cookies
Foam Die Cut Numbers
Ricrac
Cricut: Plantin Schoolbook

18 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

I like the foam #5 you heated and stamped, Looks great! cute card!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful card Laurel..I love your card...
TFS
Hope you had a great Mothers Day:)♥

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Cute card! I like it all - the paper pieced hippo maybe the most! Adorable!

Sarah said...

SO cool..this card is awesome. I forgot to order the numbers!

Samantha said...

This is sweet! I love this pp. Happy Mother's Day!

Carla Harrah said...

Love the sentiment. The card is great too!

~amy~ said...

Oh Laurel, hope that you're feeling better...your card is absolutely a-dorable!

Kathi Carlson said...

I wish I had time to comment on all your posts this weekend but NEED to get to bed. WOW! is all I can say. Your cards and layout are ALL wonderful! TFS. I hope you're feeling better very soon. Take care!

Natty said...

Oh that is really cute, I love the colours! :oD

Savitri said...

WOW, this card is super cute!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Super CUTE card -- LOVE that hippo! :)

Elise said...

DARLING CARD! I love it: what fun! You can NEVER have too many cards like that! Great job!

Denise said...

Oh my goodness!!! this is soooo cute!

Tiina said...

Very cute card!!

Pamela said...

Great card! I love it!

Jennifer said...

Such a cute card!! Love it.

Merry said...

This card is so wonderful and cheery.

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is just plain adorable! LOVE the papers, the colors and your use of that CPS sketch.

01 09 10