Saturday, July 4, 2009

Blue Ribbon Wish

Well I am so not a primary color girl, so it is hard for me to use these colors but hey, one must go out of the box once in awhile! I used all scraps on this card, yay! My Blue Ribbon is almost all gone. I made this for the 365 Card Challenge (my second for today), it is also for a new Challenge site I found called ABC Challenge and of course it fits the OCC Challenge as well, which is what led me to actually use these colors to make a card! I am so Challenge addicted that it would just kill me not to do one!

I used my favorite sketch from the CTMH Wishes book, and it is very similiar to an October Afternoon card I made earlier, you can see it here. This one uses all CTMH except the punch and mini letter stickers.


15 comments:

Ella said...

I love this! I'm with you about the primary colors... I had to dig deep into the scraps too and ink them to get the colors!

Unknown said...

I love it, especially the buttons and stitching!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kathi Carlson said...

Love it! The colors and stitching are great!

Helen said...

Fab card - love the layout...great use of scraps too!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fantastic

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Super card and it's great to have used up so many scraps, well done. Love the stitching.

Kelly said...

great card- never did like that summer pack from CTMH but you did a FABULOUS job on the paper paletter for this card! Might have to pull out my pack and CASE!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous. Seriously, there are always so many perfect details on your cards. Like, I never would have thought to put buttons on top of the stars. Excellent job.

Unknown said...

I think you did a GREAT job with the primary colors. Beautiful.

~amy~ said...

Laurel, what a fabulous job on your card! Love all that yummish patterned paper together...

Melissa Laverty said...

Love all the layering!

Eulanda said...

I like how it turned out and it also shows that even tho that paper is from awhile ago, it's still very much in style. I must use more of mine!! Great card!

Nancy said...

Just GORGEOUS!!!

But then everything you make is.

I know what you mean about being addicted to challenges.OH MY!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Amazing card creation! These may not be your colors-- but you would never know! Wonderful card!

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and a great intrepretation of the theme.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge and good luck with the DT call.
Cathy xx

01 09 10