Saturday, August 1, 2009

Highway 45 Mini Album

This is a LONG post!

I have been really busy these last few days! After making my House mini album, Karen was right, I got hooked. I then decided I wanted to make a mini journal/album about my quest to lose some weight and get fit (see my 'On the Right Track' blog). I was deciding what I was going to do, in fact I did my title page with some travel themed papers from Little Yellow Bicycle and then October Afternoon came out with the Road Trip papers and it was perfect for what I wanted to do!!! Of course I then needed the Cricut cartridge 'Going Places' to add to it. So after ordering some paper and a cartridge my mini album has cost me about $75! LOL. I was chomping at the bit wanting to start but had to wait for the supplies to come in. Well they all arrived last week and I began my journey (well the real journey started about 1 month ago). The more I played the more things fell together for me. Everything just flowed and I LOVE the end product! I called it Highway 45 as I hope to lose that much weight. You will notice on one of the journaling cards I said I wanted to lose 36 pounds, well I bought a new scale the other day and realized my old scale was not that accurate! How depressing!

I made all the pages separately. When adhereing them together, I only adhered 3 sides so that there was a pocket to hold some journaling cards. You can see the tabs. Many items are on foam squares for dimension. The only thing I am disappointed about is that I had wanted to use my BIA since I haven't used it much since getting it, but my wires weren't big enough.  To adhere many of the items on the pages, especially the smaller ones I have used Glue Dots, I love Glue Dots.

Cover


Close up of the tags in the pocket - I can't believe I am posting that terrible picture of me - ugh! That in itself should keep me motivated!





The pages where I will keep a monthly record.

On the back of the after picture I have some journaling space to write in some new measurements.

Some of the journaling card inserts


Pattern Paper: October Afternoon, MAMBI, Making Memories, Sassafras Lass, Far Flung Crafts
Cardstock: CTMH
Stamps: CTMH, Hero Arts, Stampingbella
Ink: CTMH
Stickers: OA
Rub Ons: OA, CTMH
Number Stickers: CTMH
Ribbon: CTMH, Michael's
Journaling Cards: CTMH, LYB, Theresa Collins
Cricut: Going Places, Graphically Speaking, Plantin Schoolbook









17 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry, I had to delete that comment, it's 6:20 am here and I had all kinds of boo boos in it, I haven't had the coffee yet.
This is fantastic! I love all your papers and tags! This will be a great motivational piece for you, as well as a reminder of how far you came.
I recently lost 83 pounds and kept a food journal the first month. I wish I had documented it with photos. I have 30 more to go, so maybe I'll do a mini with you.
Good Luck!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Beth S said...

Loveit, love it, love it. What a fantastic album. You have blown me away. You have done such a great job on the papers and the embellishments. I can see that it tells a wonderful story. It's not just full of pic's. Good luck on your journey.

~amy~ said...

Laurel, what a fabbie way to document your journey...

Alanna said...

WOW Laurel. This is amazing and what a fun way to journal about your weight loss journey.

Jeanne said...

What a FANTASTIC journal! I'm in AWE at all the details! Look at you go. You will definitely be successful, of that I have no doubt. It looks like you are committed and realistic and those are two key ingredients.

Best of luck and much success to you. Go Laurel, go! *Ü*

Kathi Carlson said...

Your mini album blows me away. Most definitely, there was no Simple Saturday for you!! Your book, however, was worth the work (and expense), as is your goal! Good luck, friend! You can do it!

ANAT S said...

wonderful journal
I wish you luck and much success
I thinks I need a journal like this

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh My GOODNESS, Laurel! What a masterpiece! I would be SO inspired by this journal - I'm exciting FOR you!!! You GO Girl!

Jamie Harder said...

Laurel...this mini album is fabulous!!! You are so talented:-)
and what a great way to motivate yourself and document your achievements!!! WTG girl!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just too cute! What a fun book to have and what a great way to motivate you.

Lori said...

What an awesome journal. I belong to weight watchers and have for years, but haven't focused on losing weight. It' s time that I start. I wish you the best.

Brenda said...

Oh, Laurel what a great motivation tool! It is just fabulous work!

Sarah said...

I am speechless!!! This is beyond amazing Laurel.

Unknown said...

What a great idea. You couldn't have done a more beautiful job on it either. Good luck in your quest. I need to follow your great example!

Crystal said...

Great album Laurel! Love the colors. Good luck on your weight loss :)

Frances said...

Laurel!!! You are featured on the October Afternoon BLOG!!!! Holy Smokes! You are now inspiring millions of people. Way to go girl! Oh yea, I love your mini album...it is just fabulous. LOL.

01 09 10