Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Dream

The sketch this week from 52 Sketches. I flipped the sketch and only used 1 picture but the idea is still there. I did this for the Scrapping Out Loud Challenge - I have a dream.

I wanted to use some of the Sabrina paper while it was still out. I also dug out some retired CTMH paper and was surprised to find this map of Europe which was perfect. To highlight my theme even more I sewed under the word 'France' on the pattern paper and stamped a circle on the travel tag around the word Paris. I was in France in grade 12 (ummmm about 24 years ago!) and I so want to go back!

Detail shot of the circle stamped around the word.
Detail shot of the sewing under the word France.


I got to play with some new goodies again, yay!
Pattern Paper: Making Memories, CTMH Cardstock: CTMH Stamps: CTMH, Hero Arts
Ink: CTMH Cricut: Plantin Schoolbook, Home Decor, Hannah Montana Slice: International Travel, Basics 1 Pompoms: Bazzill Ribbon: CTMH


14 comments:

ANAT S said...

great lo and great papers
love this

Kathi Carlson said...

Here I am again and way behind with my comments! This layout is great as is everything else you've done the past couple of days. Love the chandelier and butterfly on your cards. All wonderful!!

Denise said...

Wow Laurel...I really love the colours on this layout they sure made your pic pop out!!! Wonderful page....& thanks so much for joining us this week!!!!

Dora said...

That is a wonderful picture! Wow, and I love Paris to, and also want to go! Beautiful lo!

Unknown said...

Fabby layout. I'm so loving that houndstooth paper and the poms. Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

liszha said...

Paris was ages ago for me too. We should all go again, hihi.
I adore your lay-out. Absolutely fabulous stuff you used.

Jess said...

ohhh i {heart} your pg...that map, the papers, the stitching, really love everything you used...traveling to France is a dream of mine also...ahhh to be so lucky! thanks for playing along this week with our SOL challenge and sharing your dream with us!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous layout Laurel. How fun that you were able to go to France.

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous picture to make a beautiful layout! We were in Villefranche and Nice last year, but I would love to see this part of France!

Jeanne said...

I've never been, but I sure hope you get back there. This is a beautiful layout. Love all the details you've added, especially the sewing! (note to self...use your sewing machine)

Thanks for sharing!

laterg8r said...

this is beautiful - what a great dream :D

Sparkplug17 said...

What a lovely layout! I love the pink and black.

Bananastamper said...

Fabulous layout, love the papers and embellishments you chose - perfect!

Shanna

yyam said...

Laurel, you are churning creativity way faster than I can comment...lol..
Fabulous as always, my dear! I love the pink, black and white color scheme...so elegant...so many fine details too...you rock!

01 09 10