Thursday, September 3, 2009

Halloween

This is a sketch from Got Sketch For my card I incorporated the 365 Card Challenge - to include a label (I have had this for eons!), and the Unity September Challenge - to used the colors purple, orange, green and black along with the July or August KOTM. This was a real challenge for me as these are so not my colors and Halloween is so not my holiday (didn't have to be Halloween but with these colors I didn't know what else to do!) - which is why I have no pattern papers in these colors. The crow on the branch is from the July KOTM and the pocket along with the 'patch' background (I used on the orange paper - hard to see) are from the August KOTM. I also incorporated Polka dot basics (PTI) and some Close to MY Heart Stamps (Journaling Jots, Creepy Cobwebs). All cardstock is from CTMH.


16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Now how fun is this???!!!!! cute, cute, cute...my favorite halloween color combo too!!!

laterg8r said...

awesome halloween card :D

Rose said...

FUN card!!! :)

Unknown said...

perfection!

Unknown said...

This is a 'Spooktacular' card! LOVE it!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great Halloween card! I love the web on the pocket.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with a theme that didn't thrill you just wonderful!!!!!

Susan said...

that a cute label, Laurel and love, love the color combo!!!

jacque4u2c said...

Great colors!!!!!

Jess said...

awesome awesome!

Alanna said...

This is so great Laurel.

Sarah said...

Lovin' the colors Laurel! Great card.
WOW nearly 200 followers...it wasn't that long ago you were nearing 100 followers! You are a rock star :-)

Shelia said...

These are great cards. I like the Halloween one

Denise said...

Splendid!!!! Love it!

Jamie Harder said...

How fabulous!

Jeanne said...

I remember when those types of labels were all the rage. You used yours wonderfully on this card. Great idea to use the pocket stamp. Another winner!

01 09 10