Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Halloween

The sketch this week from Card Patterns:

We were once again sponsered by the fabulous Cutting Cafe. We were given some yummy Halloween images to work with. I had fun with these ones. I printed the background sentiment on pattern paper. The cat has been flocked, his hat glittered, and he is mounted on foam squares. Finally, I punched out some bats with my Martha Stewart punch and painted them with Shimmerz. So fun! This is also for the 365 Challenge for today, a Foreground/Background technique using fussy cutting. Easy peesy for me, one of my favorite techniques, will definately play again!
Pattern Paper; Bo Bunny
Cardstock: CTMH
Stamp Images: Cutting Cafe

15 comments:

Unknown said...

oh such a wonderful Halloween card! Love th flocking on the cat. Excellent take on the sketch.
Blessings,
Kim xXx
Enjoy your weekend.

Dora said...

This is a scary card but I love it!

Jeanne said...

This is a terrific Halloween card. Love the sparklies!

Denise said...

Oooooo,,,love it!!! That kitty is perfect!!!

laterg8r said...

love this halloween card, love the look of fussy cutting :D

Kelly Schelske said...

What a super fun card!

~amy~ said...

such thee fun halloween card Laurel!!

Jamie Harder said...

Great card!! Love the hat on the cat:-)

Renée said...

fun halloween card, Laurel!

Sarah said...

Great card Laurel...love that green wave of color in the middle.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a fun Halloween card! I love that cat.

Crystal said...

I LOVE this card! Great job!

Frances said...

Oh, I love Halloween cards...this one is fab!

Savitri said...

Adorable!!! I've never tried flock before. Looks really cool and your card's super cute!!!

dstandard said...

Totally adorable!

01 09 10