Saturday, October 24, 2009

Whoville

The sketch this week for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge:

For my card I incorporated a few challenges. First the Crazy 4 Challenges challenge was to incorporate at least 3 geometric shapes - the sketch was perfect! The Our Creative Corner Challenge was to create a card based on a Holiday movie or book. I went with the Grinch, to me these fun colors and patterns remind me of the Grinch and Whoville. This tree from my Cricut Christmas Cheer was perfect for a Whoville tree! I stamped it with Spot On Background (CTMH), painted it with Shimmerz and then mounted with foam squares. For the background I cut strips of Holiday Red cardstock and sewed it on. Finally, it incorporates the SPCC: Finally Friday challenge - to emboss and layer. I embossed the white dots and I also dry embossed the music background on the white paper (like the Whos are singing around the tree in Whoville!). Love it when it all works together like that - all in an hour, no thinking, just went together! All supplies are from CTMH except the cricut, punch and the dot stamp (PTI). Oh and one more thing, I scented the card with Candy Cane Card Scent - yummy!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

SO CUTE! I love that tree...it does look like it came from Whooville!

(-: Heidi

Betty J Schaub said...

hahahaha! love it!

Come over and chekc out my BLOG CANDY!

Beate said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card! I LOVE that tree. Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

liszha said...

Wow! Cool christmas card!

StampOwl said...

love it, thanks for playing with the C4C

Kelly Mahany said...

You really nailed all the challenges! Tbis so stinking cute!! I love the Grinch who Stole Christmas!!

Kelly Mahany said...

You really nailed all the challenges! Tbis so stinking cute!! I love the Grinch who Stole Christmas!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card. I love that tree!

Karla Kroese said...

What a fun card! That tree is adorable!

thescrapmaster said...

Wow your card is so beautiful!! I love your design. Thanks for playing!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

Dora said...

This card really rocks, finally a christmas taht rocks, never seen it before and you did it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Super card! Love the bright reds and greens, the tree is so whimsical and the ruffle ribbon to die for! Thanks for joining in the fun at the OCC this week! Hope to see you back again next week.

~amy~ said...

stinkin' FUN!

Jeanne said...

Fantastic card, Laurel! Love that tree and the bright colors. How did you add the scent? And where did you get it? It sounds like a perfect touch!

Denise said...

Awesome Card, love what you did with the sketch!!!!

Carolyn said...

Cool tree! Love the papers!!

Unknown said...

LOVE this cute and whimsy card! Too fabby!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

nelia said...

What a great tree! Super fun!

susanwilliamsrn said...

great card....i love the tree...where is it from? i also love how you embossed the music on the white paper...great job...it really does look like you are in whoville...

susanwilliamsrn said...

never mind lol i went back to look at it and THEN i saw you posted it! i have that cartridge!

Lynn said...

Your card is delightful and so colourful..love that tree :)

Emily said...

it does remind me of whoville!

Cute

EmilY-SP Diva

Andrea M said...

Love your card and love the theme - it is so Whoville :)

01 09 10