Friday, November 6, 2009

Friends with Flair Get Sketchy!

Another Friday already, where does the time go?! However, it does mean time for some more fun stuff. It is Unity's Friends with Flair Friday. Always so much fun to hop around and see what everyone is doing with the Unity stamps! Start at Angela's blog.

Of course the other Fabulous thing about Friday is that it is time for another Get Sketchy Sketch Challenge. Wow this one really made me think! but was fun to do. We are sponsered by Glue Arts and the prize if fabby, hop on over to Get Sketchy to see what it is all about!

The Challenge from Embellish Magazine:

Finally my card. The colors are a little off in the photo. IRL they are almost identical to the swatch colors. I used my new Crate Paper kit. Love these papers! Of course the stamps are from Unity, don't you just love this little owl! I paper pieced him and mounted him on foam squares. The ribbon is from Papertrey Ink.
The sketch from Sketch Girl:
I have looked at this sketch for a few days and wondered what to do. When I dug out my My Mind's Eye paper it all just fell together very quickly! The butterfly actually matches the colors better than it appears in the photo. Not sure what is happening lately! Again more Unity goodness.

29 comments:

yyam said...

Great job with GS sketch...it looks like a tough challenge! I love your paneling work and of course that cute owl!

liszha said...

Yep, the owl is to die for!
But so is your card. I love it!

Dora said...

Love your take on the sketch, and the other is gorgeous to!

Unknown said...

Loving these cards! the colors are so very yummy! The owl is so very darling! Love that sketch and you rocked it! Love what you did with the second sketch too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Amy Heller said...

Oh, LAUREL!! I LOVE it!! The combo of the two challenges is perfect!!

~amy~ said...

both of your cards are super fantastic Laurel!!!

Happy Friday!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Adorable! You should enter your owl card in at Frosted Designs!

Unknown said...

Love 'em both but that little owl card stole my heart!

Karla Kroese said...

Cute cards in classic Laurel style! Love them!

Samantha said...

Wow! Love them both!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fun card! Thanks for playing along with Embellish!

ANAT S said...

oh your owl card is one of the cutest cards I SAW.
LOVE THIS

laterg8r said...

that owl is divine :D

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

These are both great creations love them!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such darling cards. I love that owl and his heart eyes.

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Love both your cards! Amazing detail!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely adorable! Wow! These sketches are great and your take on them is nothing short of fantastic!!!

מימס mimms said...

sweet & cute cards!

Rachel B said...

I love how you used the colors and those sketches. Too crafty! Love your cards. They are beautiful!

Robynccgirl said...

Great cards! I love sketches!

Unknown said...

Laurel...Both these cards are just stunning!! You have done such an amazing job with both!!

Sarah said...

I wish my cards just flew together LOL...these are both awesome. I love the color combo on the first one and that butterfly on the second one!!!

Shemaine Smith said...

I loved your card this week! Thanks for stopping by!~

Randi said...

Beautiful cards!! Great versions of both sketches!! And I really love those color combos!

Cindy Lee said...

Oh my..the owl card is too cute!! I just love how you matched those paper!

Denise said...

Wow!!!
The owl card is soooo cute, love the double ribbon!
Love all the layers to the second card!!!

Kelly Mahany said...

Really great cards! Awesome job on the sketches!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

How great is this?! Thanks so much for playing in the Embellish Magazine challenge!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Thanks for playing along with Sketch Girl! I like the way you totally switched up all the shapes, yet still followed the sketch. It took me awhile too to figure out what I was going to do too, LOL! Beautiful results - so much texture and color, wonderful card.

01 09 10