Saturday, December 19, 2009

A couple of cards and a sneak peek

This is my second post for today so be sure to scroll down.

The sketch this week from Unscripted Sketches:

For my card I also incorporated the 365 Card Challenge today - fire.  This is also a sneak peek at some new CTMH stamps that will be available January 1 (Noted Backgrounds - love the herringbone!; and Candlelight (love these candles!)


Another CTMH card.  Just finishing up the last of my holiday cards.  Or so I thought.  Hubby just asked me if I could make 20 cards for him to give out to his crew!  So this weekend I am going to be busy as I have a couple more DT assignments to complete then the cards for him.  Ah, a weekend in my scraproom - nothing could be better!  This is for the Our Creative Corner Challenge this week - Snow or snowflakes, and the Stamp Something Challenge - holiday themed.  Again all supplies are from CTMH except the punch.  This is the fabulous Jingle paper. 


20 comments:

Alanna said...

Seriously Laurel, both these cards are so fabulous. Great take on the US sketch and I love your ribbon treatment on both cards.

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Hey, I have that paper!! LOL! This is a GORGEOUS card. I love the ribbon.

Thanks for your comment on my photo gift post! I'm so pleased at the response!! (Okay, I'm giddy. I admit it.)

Sparkplug17 said...

Darling cards. I love how bright and cheery your bday card is.

Unknown said...

Both cards are wonderful! I love the candles on the first, and the ribbon on both. Fantastic job!
Steph
Unscripted DT

Karla Kroese said...

Great cards, as usual! Love the houndstooth background on the first, and that Jingle card is fantastic!

Dawnll said...

You always have such a wonderful spin on your cards.Love your creations so much.Thanks for playing along with US this week.

Kelly Schelske said...

They are both fun! Love the papers on them both too!

yyam said...

Nice and bright! I love what you did with the ribbon! Good luck on 20 cards Laurel - you are the most efficient crafter I know!

Sarah said...

Wow Laurel...LOVE those candles...I also was eyeing that herringbone background stamp! Both cards are awesome.
Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted again!!!!

jacque4u2c said...

these are so adorable! I just love the stitching!

Bananastamper said...

Both cards are fun and fabulous! My hubby always does the same thing to me - luckily his "crew" is not so big!

Shanna :)

Unknown said...

Both cards are absolutely fab. I LOVE the black polka dots with the bright birthday colors.

Dora said...

Love them both, and the sketch from Unscriptes is great, maybe I will have time to play this week!

Jeanne said...

I sure hope you had a blast in your creative space! It looks like it from the loveliness of these cards! Fantastic work, Laurel!

Denise said...

Wow!!!! Love them both!!! I really love the ribbon!!

Hanne said...

Beautiful cards!

dstandard said...

Cute cute cards!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Both cards are just gorgeous! The holiday card is not conventional and that's what I love about it! Different colors but so festive nonetheless! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something this week and Merry Christmas!

Janna :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great card. Love the winter blue-green hues. The circle sentiment is wonderful too. Great job on the OCC challenge. So happy you could join in the fun this week!

Kelly said...

always have loved those ctmh colors together!!! wasn't sure about the new candle stamp set but you made me take a second look at it!- kelly

01 09 10