Monday, December 21, 2009

Decorate

The sketch this week from The Scrappiest:


This sketch was perfect for the picture I took of Danica decorating the tree!  Made this layout go together quickly!  Don't forget to participate in the Scrappiests challenges this month, not as many players as we usually have so your chances are good!

I used lots of new goodies on this layout.  First of all the ornaments are new to me and are from Unity.  The papers are some sneak peeks at some new pattern papers coming up in January from CTMH (Caboodle and Topstitch - neither of which is meant really for Christmas layouts but I love how they went together here!).  I stamped the polka dots (PTI) on the red cardstock and embossed them.  This also contains a sneak peek of the CTMH January SOTM called True Friends.  I so love what CTMH is coming out with in this new catalogue, you must check it out on January 1st!  The ornaments are on foam strips.  This also is for the Practical Scrappers challenge this week - Anything Christmas and the Our Creative Corner Challenge - snowflakes.  Finally, another entry for the Stamp Something Challenge.



Pattern Paper: CTMH
Cardstock, Ink, buttons: CTMH
Stamps: CTMH (True Friends, Evergreen), PTI, Unity
Chipboard letters: Bo Bunny
Punch: Marvy
fibers: stash

16 comments:

Jeanne said...

Excellent! Very bright and super festive. Great job, Laurel!!

Alanna said...

Super cute Laurel. I love the papers you chose and those ornaments.

Dora said...

Gorgeous!

laterg8r said...

beautiful LO, love the ornies :D

Roxy said...

Very nice layout! This sketch does look great with your photo!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling layout.

Jena said...

What a fun page - love your combination of papers! And that is a darling photo! TFS!

Sue Lelli said...

Great layout! LOVE the pic! I have those chipboard letters and I am now inspired to use them on my next layout - thanks!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Fantastic Layout! Beth

Cindy Lee said...

I love this page, Laurel!! From the ornaments, the paper and the chipboard alphabets and course the pic of your kid :)

Carla said...

Great layout!! Love the sneak peeks of the new product - - I agree this new cattie is awesome!!

Have a great Christmas!!

Sarah said...

What a darling LO Laurel!!! Love the papers.

Karla Kroese said...

Great Layout! Loving all the sneak peeks at all the CTMH goodies. Can't wait to get my hands on some!!

Erin Morehouse said...

love the look of the ornaments!

Erin... said...

what a fabulous page! love it! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Stamp Something!

Anonymous said...

OH how adorable this is!! I love your layout!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!! Hope to see you in the New Year!! HUGS

01 09 10