Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Take time for cocoa

The sketch this week from 2 Sketches 4 You:

For my 'card' I incorporated the Sassy Studio Challenge - to incorporate the Baby It's Cold Outside image.  I actually made it into a pouch to hold a gourmet hot chocolate package and this takes in the Design Dollies challenge - to incorporate a drink of choice to take away the nervous energies (I have a hot chocolate almost every night before bed!).  This is also another entry into the Crazy 4 Challenges this week.  I am going to give this to our paper girl with a tip tucked inside as well.  The image is on foam squares, and I used a pom pom on her hat.  I have scented this with hot cocoa Card Scent


Cardstock: CTMH
Stamps: CTMH (a sneak peek at our new herringbone background stamp!; Thank You, and the January Word Puzzle); PTI
Digital image: Sassy Studio
ribbon: Walmart
Markers: copics
Punches: Marvy

20 comments:

yyam said...

I love how cosy she looks with with pom pom trim and cup of hot cocoa...such a sweet thing to give your paper girl! You are so thoughtful Laurel!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous! And much appreciated, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing!

liszha said...

This is a super card! Love the chickflick look. And the black ribbon really stands out to the pastel colors! Great!

~amy~ said...

super cute laurel...blue, pink and pops of black...fantabulous!

Kathy Martin said...

Adorable! Love the cocoa inside! Perfect! :) Kathy

Laura Davis said...

Cuuuuuute! I love the cocoa idea! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Dora said...

i love it, the colors and ofcourse the rocking image!

laterg8r said...

great idea - love that image and the pom pom :D

Unknown said...

Fabby card and gift idea. I know your paper girl will enjoy it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sparkplug17 said...

This is darling! I love the colors together.

Carla said...

Gorgeous!! This card would work for the Design Dollies elements challenge for this week as well.

Karla Kroese said...

So cute! Love the colors, and I'm dying to get that new herringbone stamp!

Sarah said...

SOOO pretty! Another great idea packaged to perfection.

Unknown said...

Beautimous!

Leah l'Orange said...

too cute, Laurel! she's going to love it! i always dig a card with a gift in it. :)

so glad you've joined us at Design Dollies for this challenge - we hope to see your lovely work again soon!

Lelia Pierce said...

Wonderful job again, Laurel! I love the black ribbon there...it really pops! Thanks for playing at Sassy Studio Designs! Good luck!

Hugs,
Lelia

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

WOW! Great job with that image! Thanks for playing with 2S4Y!

Carolyn said...

How cute is that!!

Unknown said...

That is so stinkin cute! I love the whole idea and execution! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!!!

Giselle said...

Love the soft colors..!!

01 09 10