Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If today was your last day

This is the sketch from Design Dollies, I love this sketch!




I have had the idea for this layout in my head for awhile I was just waiting for the right push I guess!  This sketch was perfect for what I wanted to do.  I LOVE this Scarlet Lime kit from awhile back (and did you see on the GCD studios blog they are releasing this line - woo hoo!), and I am so happy it worked for this.  To me butterflies are the perfect symbol for living the moment and savoring it.  I have some hidden journaling behind the picture that reads:

...could you say goodbye to yesterday?

One thing I like about running is I listen to the songs and they make me think about a number of things.  I love this song by Nickelback, it makes me reflect on my life.  If today was my last day, could I say goodbye to yesterday?  Quite honestly, yes I could.  I have no regrets about my life.  I am right where I want to be: a wonderful family, healthy, happy and successful.  I have travelled to France, Japan, across Canada and have been to Disneyland 2 times.  I have a degree in Education and one in Science.  I have been published in magazines doing a hobby I love and I have a great job.  I have a nice, comfortable house and some money in the bank.  My kids and hubby are wonderful, I am so lucky.  I would be disappointed that I didn't get back to Europe - I want to see Italy, Spain, and Greece.  I would hate that I wouldn't be able to see my girls turn into women and moms themselves.  I would miss my family... but could I say goodbye to yesterday if today was my last day... yes I could.



Paper: Scarlet Lime
Letter Stickers: American Crafts
Stamps: CTMH

21 comments:

Dora said...

Beautiful lo, and love the title and that beautiful picture of you!

Amy Heller said...

I love this, Laurel - and I love your outlook! So very inspiring!

Leah l'Orange said...

fabulous, Laurel! and YAY, you played with the Dollies! :) so glad you joined us!

love your layout and description - such a great attitude to have about one's past - people spend too much time dwelling in it and wishing they'd have done something differently. but you? FORWARD, MARCH!

Jeanne said...

The layout is gorgeous and the story behind it is worthy of being published I think. You have definitely got the right attitude and it shows in what you share.

Thanks SO much for sharing!

Kathi Carlson said...

What a gorgeous layout! Love your story. It sounds like you've got it all together. No surprise!! TFS!!

Alanna said...

I love your layout and your thoughts that you shared.

~amy~ said...

LOVE this tons Laurel....that nickelback song is fabbie, isn't it? woot woot to you and how you embrace life!!

Carolyn said...

Awesome layout and title! You are blessed!! :)

Karla Kroese said...

Great layout and theme! You are a blessed woman! Thank you for sharing!

laterg8r said...

what wonderful heartfelt journalling :D

Brenda said...

Beautiful post, Laurel!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely layout!

Courtney Baker said...

Great page and I loved reading your thoughts on it!

Roxy said...

What a great idea for journaling! I also love this song, so I hope you don't mind if I keep this page in my mental file for later.

Sarah said...

What a great post Laurel!!! Puts things in perspective. Your LO is gorgeous!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Laurel,
What a great post! I love the layout, and I love that it makes me think a bit! Your journaling is amazing - and I'm so happy for you that you recognize how blessed you really are!

Hugs!

Bananastamper said...

Fab sketch and layout! Love the subject you chose! Never hurts to reflect like that...
cheers,
Shanna

Unknown said...

This layout is so fab. It really makes me reflect on my wonderful life! Fab!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Carla said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing the story behind it too! That song always makes me 'reflect' as well!

Brenda said...

oooh! I wasn't aware that GCD was going to release this line. That is super cool! I got these papers with my Scarlet Lime kit too and LOVE them!!!
Great page and I love the long title.

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful! Way to rawk the sketch! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! You LO really refelcts the song and makes you think. Its great! Thank You for playin with us Dollies! I hope to see ya again!

01 09 10