Sunday, June 13, 2010

Butterflies at the Cafe

The sketch this week from Limelight:

The Color Challenge from The Play Date Cafe:

I love the sketch and colors but sure had trouble making something from them.  I think perhaps I have burn out from doing my report cards.  Anyhow here is the first card I did, wasn't completely happy with it.  This first card incorporates the Stamp Something challenge - happy.

So I was determined to make something I really liked.  I am happy with this card.  I used a Maya Road envelope which I thought I could slip a Gift Card into.  The bow is made from an old sheet that I just ripped.  Stamps are from Papertrey Ink and the butterfly is cut with the Indie Arts Cricut Cartridge and then embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  This one is also for the Caardvarks challenge - embossing.

19 comments:

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Laurel, I love them both, but I'm so entirely {in love} with kraft anything that the 2nd one just grabs me! LOL I am amazed how wonderful the ribbon & bow look - you "just tore a sheet" - WOW. I wouldn't even have THOUGHT of just tearing a sheet. Just beautiful!

Dora said...

Both are beautiful love the soft colors!

Alanna said...

I love both of them Laurel but am glad you could make something that you were really happy with.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful, Laurel! I love the blue butterflies...the ribbons on each are so very yummy, I especially love the frayed torn look!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Kathy Martin said...

Fabulous butterfly cards! :)

Mandy said...

I love BOTH of these! And I am featuring them BOTH tomorrow! ;)

Cindy Lee said...

These cards have my favourite things too! I love them!

yyam said...

Sweet cards Laurel! I love how you used the Maya Road envelope!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful cards! I love these Maya Road envelopes, you made me want them even more!

Sarah Anderson said...

ooo I just love both these cards, you make this week's play date colours sing! Thanks for playing along with us :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Both cards are lovely, wonderful ribbon treatments! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Katie said...

I think both cards are beautiful! I do love the detail on the second one though! I never thought of using and old sheet! Guess I need to stop throwing stuff away! lol

Jenny said...

Great cards, love them both!!! Love the colors!!! :) :) :) :) :) Have a wonderful Monday!!

Unknown said...

Love them both, Laurel! Love the sheet ribbon on the 2nd.. too cute! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

Sue Lelli said...

Laurel, LOVE the ripped sheet detail and the butterfly is FAB!

Daniela F. said...

Wow, super pretty cards, Laurel! Love the neutrals with that pop of color and how you incorporated the cute little envelope on the card front of your second card.

Suzanne C said...

Both of these are gorgeous! Love how you used the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute, Laurel! You rocked this challenge! Always love seeing your projects--esp. when they are for the PDCC:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

01 09 10