Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's the Buzz

My second post for today be sure to scroll for the Sparkle Creations Challenge.

I just got back from camping and so needed to play in my craft room.  I thought the sentiment on the card was perfect, everytime I have been away for a bit I have so much blogging to catch up on! Hehehe.

The sketch this week from Card Patterns:

I used the Cute Critters set from The Cutting Cafe.  The bees are mounted on foam squares and their wings are painted with Smooch - I so need to get more colors this is soooo... fun to play with!  The pattern paper is October Afternoon.

21 comments:

Karla Kroese said...

Adorable! I love your out-of-the-box take on the sketch!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh Laurel, this is absolutely adorable.

Heather Rogers said...

Bee U tiful! How absolutely adorable this turned out Laurel. :)
Thanks for joing us this week at Card Patterns.

Becky G said...

Laurel this is so cute! I love that you used designer paper on the bee hive. Looks great!

Jamie Harder said...

How fun!!! Love that hive!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love it!!!

Lori said...

You did a great job with the sketch and your bees look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Love this! Those bees are so cute!

TesaB said...

LOL! too cuuuute, love those bees! And the buzz - perfect title, know all about what you mean... The Reader goes wild when gone... LOL!

Cindy Lee said...

So cute!! This is my favourite image!

Jenny said...

Aww so cute, love this!! :D

~amy~ said...

Super fun laurel!!! It was too hot for me to craft tonite:(

Unknown said...

Oh so cute!

Dora said...

Amazingly stunning.

Alanna said...

Very cute.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Fab-u-lous stitching. It really looks quilted! Plus, a fun take on the sketch!

papertrails leaver said...

your stitching is incredible! The hive is outstanding! welcome back and hope you can get caught up. I totally know what you mean about that!

Regina Easter said...

oh good grief...WHATS THE BUZZ GIRLFRIEND....fantastic...hugs

farmhouse-story said...

great card for the sketch, laurel!

laterg8r said...

this is so cool - love the hive :D

Elise said...

This is SUCH a fun card, Laurel! {Ooooowww, that twine!} Congratulations on the lovely nod from Card Patterns! Yee Haw!

01 09 10