Sunday, October 31, 2010

November Scrap Shotz reveal

This is my second post for today (and it is a doozer!) be sure to scroll down for my Curtain Call post, such beautiful colors this week.  I have had a very busy week with getting ready for this reveal as well as for an Online Crop that Scrap Shotz is having, whew! Anyhow on with the post.  

Scrap Shotz reveal time!  This month the kit is full of SEI Moonrise papers! Beautiful and so easy to work with!

For this layout I used this Design Dollies sketch:


Inside the kit are also some wood vener leaves.  I stamped on them with a PTI text stamp, love it.  There are also some metal filigree accents.  I wanted to tone down the metal so it didn't stand out so much so I dry brushed it with acrylic paint and then bent it for some more texture.  A CAS layout for me... have been battling not feeling well lately and not able to take sick days last week since we had Parent Teacher Interviews... thus a little low on the mojo and creativity. Because of the wood and paint on this it fits the Design Dollies Mixed Media challenge too.

Close up of the metal leaf.

For the next layout I used a Creative Scrappers sketch:
This is another simple layout.  It fits The Pink Elephant Challenge - brown and orange.
Laurel's November CT reveal

The Scrap Shotz DT was given this sketch to work with:

My DT challenge for November is to include text in a project.  For my layout I also used some digi paper from Gina K and printed it onto the back of some of the pattern paper.  I also used the Tim Holtz Sizzix Die and cut some leaves from and old text book.  The corrugated letters are Jillibean Soup and the others are October Afternoon.

I used another Design Dollies sketch:


Now a couple of cards with the scraps:

The  sketch this week from Stamping 411

For this card I used my new PTI stamp set along with the Boughs set from Schlosser Designs.

For the Etsy Inspired Challenge this week I chose this print:

I have had this Unity stamp for awhile and finally inked it up!

I so loved working with this SEI kit!  The colors are so beautiful!  I will be entering these in the SEI October Challenge for sure!


28 comments:

~amy~ said...

good grief woman...you've been b-u-s-y!!!! Lovin' all your projects....the layouts are all wonderful and woot woot for your card!!!

Unknown said...

Great job on your card for Stamping 411 - but I really am struck by your scrap pages! Just fabulous!

Tiff said...

Beautiful pages and that PTI card is a stunner!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. you have been busy creating gorgeous work. Love the autumn earthy colours.
Fabbie projects :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Just stunning! The rest of your blog is fantastic too! Thanks for playing along.

Carla said...

Wow - great stuff Laurel! Love what you've done with this kit!

Michele Gross said...

Oh my goodness! You have a been a scrappy card making fiend! So much loveliness!! You did an amazing job with this kit :)

Brenda said...

Oh for goodness gracious!! Look at all the lovely work you've produced! Your elements are amazing!

Unknown said...

All layouts and cards and so beautiful. I love the warm autumn colors, the metal leaves, and especially the stamped text wooden leaves. I also LOVE the "Autumn is a Second Spring" title. You would NEVER know you've been under the weather, Superwoman! Now go to bed and get some rest.

farmhouse-story said...

feel better soon, laurel! wonderful fall goodies in this post!

Kerin said...

I love both cards, and I happen to need a card for my dad's birthday next weekend, so thanks for a great idea!

laterg8r said...

i love all the different leaves and those cutie owls :D

SmilynStef said...

What stunning pages ... I love those texty leaves ... and your Etsy Inspired card is just too cute ... thanks for joining us.

Selene Kempton said...

Amazing way to showcase all the challenges! Great job on the pages and the adorable cards.. Something for everyone here.

Kathi Carlson said...

Your cards and layouts are gorgeous. Those are fun papers - the colors so pretty.

Sparkplug17 said...

What lovely projects! I love your layouts!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Laurel! So many gorgeous projects in one post! Love the corrugated cardboard letters!

KarenB said...

Holy dooley... you've got some amazing creations there. Wow. Love those leaves :)

Dora said...

just love the lay outs...love the natural colors! And the card is beautiful!

Jeanne said...

FANTASTIC layouts and cards Laurel. Wow, you sure have been busy and oh so creative. Everything is beautiful and thank you so very much for sharing, Laurel. Almost makes me want to paper scrap again. LOL I said, almost!

Have a wonderful week, sweet friend!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Gees, I get a little behind and then you just keep cranking it out :>)
I really like the simplicity of the LOs - I think I need to give that scrap booking style a try - I am still in a scrap booking funk! Thanks for the inspiration.

de said...

Love when you play! And BOY did you! You go girl! Love all your creations! Your EIC entry is too cute! Love the owls!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! Look at all those challenges! Love your Dad card! Great job with the Stamping 411 sketch!

Queenie said...

These are incredible projects!! So fresh and creative!! I especially love the adorable owl peeking through in the tree!! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

Unknown said...

You have been one busy girl!! Love all the projects and great take on our card sketch this week!!

Since I am a big scrapbooker I might just lift some of these sketches too!!! TFS!

gbarron56 said...

beautiful cards, Laurel -- thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Angela said...

wow all your LO are just stunning!!! thank you so much for joining in at The Pink Elephant this weeK!

Monica K. said...

I like your fall layout! Congrats on being featured on the Create blog! :)

01 09 10