Monday, March 21, 2011

Let's Make a Day of it

My second post for today, be sure to scroll for my Get Your Sketch On post.

The challenge at There She Goes this week is a one layer tone on tone stamping with a pop of something on top.  I was inspired immediately as it gave me an excuse to go ink up an uninked stamp!  I was inspired by the colors of this weeks Cupcake Inspiration:



I also incorporated the Paper Cutz challenge - anything goes and The Ribbon Girl challenge - Green and Yellow.  I used my favorite There She Goes stamp - Let's Get Together along with Daily Grind.  The coffee mug is mounted on foam squares.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

The card and the cupcakes both look DELISH!

papertrails leaver said...

Hey Laurel! Great card! I love the yellow twine.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card.. .love the pop of colours with twine, mug and cloud :)

Holly aka Toy said...

Cupcakes and coffee... the perfect way to start a day! Love the card... I am now jonsing for a Starbucks mocha latte! Thanks! LOL

Ribbon Girl said...

Hi Laurel - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge - by the way, your cupcakes look gorgeous - I could just eat them with a cup of coffee!! Mary G x

Mandy said...

Such a fab card!

Mandy

farmhouse-story said...

love it, laurel:)

Bananastamper said...

Too fun! Would I ever love to drink my tea from THAT mug!!! :)

Brenda said...

What great "pops" of color in this card - love it!

Dora said...

Perfect card only you can make a card like this!

Jeanne said...

Excellent work, and those cupcakes sure look yummy. What a great inspiration for a great card.

ChristineCreations said...

What great sets together to make this card! Great job!

Chris said...

fabulous card Laurel, how's life after S2G treating you?
thanks for playing in the Cupcake Inspirations challenge.

Alanna said...

Super cute. I love the big mug and the clouds. Very nice.

Rachel Hope said...

Mmmm, coffee! :) Great card! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Michele Gross said...

I love this! I love that you didn't add any color to the cafe scene. I love the twine and I WANT that cup!! :D

01 09 10