Sunday, April 3, 2011

Monster birthday

Well when seeing this sketch from Card Positioning Systems I had to play.  I have seen the sketch before (in the Paper Crafts call for sketches) and had this idea in my head but didn't do anything with it.  This time I did!


Still working on building up my little boy stash of birthday cards, this should work shouldn't it?  I used some Bo Bunny Dot scraps along with other scraps and the sentiment is from PTI so this works for the Paper Dolls Challenge.   I also incorporated the Scrapbookers Paradise Ponderings challenge and City Crafter Challenge - banner; the Pals Paper Arts Challenge - punches and the I Did it Creations Challenge - anything goes.  I cut the banner, or should I say teeth with my new Spellbinders Pennant dies, can't wait to use them more!  I will probably put some big googly eyes where the orange is but these are all at school so hopefully you get the idea.


22 comments:

Gurkiss said...

Sooo cute :)

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

Hugs Gurkiss


http://gurkiss.com/scrapbooking

Unknown said...

THe second this popped up on my screen I giggles. Too cute and such a creative take on that sketch.

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

This is just tooo cute! Ingenious way to use up your scraps! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Dolls.

dstandard said...

This is seriously too cute! Love it - perfect birthday card for some little guy!

Carla said...

Laurel this is such a CUTE card!!!!!!

Katie said...

That is just too adorable!!! Such a great idea!!! I'd have never thought of that. LOL!

designbydonna said...

That is just the cutest. Any little boy would like it. Love those eyes.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So so cute! thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cards by Gina said...

Very, very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

Michellem said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the monster teeth - what an inspired idea!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

LOL!!! Too cute!

Unknown said...

This is sooooo cute.. It just makes me smile looking at it.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

farmhouse-story said...

such a fun, cute monster!-great sketch, too!

Anonymous said...

what a fab creative take on the sketch.. LOVE it :D

Jeanne said...

You are seriously very creative, Laurel. Love this! I grinned when I saw it. Perfect for one of your little "monsters" (meant in a good way) at school. *Ü*

Ros said...

That's so clever ... I would never have thought of this ... brilliant for the challenge ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

cnelson said...

So super cute! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Jen Carter said...

Oh goodness, this is so cute and creative!! Love it!

Sara Mac said...

What a clever take on the sketch! Certainly a great boy card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Dolls.

Tigriswillreign said...

This is so clever!! I love it!
Thanks for Playing in Paradise!

Allison Rankin said...

How smart are you...such a clever take on the sketch and the banner challenge! Love the green!

Kristin said...

super cute card and SO glad you played along with the DOLLS challenge :-)

01 09 10