Wednesday, April 13, 2011

'Sisters'

Part of my DT assignment at Your Scrapbook Stash is to post a sketch challenge each month.  Well I love creating with sketches, but I'm not so good at creating them.  I borrowed this one from Liz at The Scrappiest, I love her sketches!


I was also inspired by this week's colors at The Color Room:

Part of my April package from Your Scrapbook Stash were the Webster's Pages Yacht Club, which are not my normal style!  We are also challenged this month to limit the embellishments and see what we can do with paper.  I decided to do a bunch of fussy cutting, I like doing that, and this paper is so suitable for it.  This is a photo of my mom and her best friend.  The are always mistaken for sisters and sometimes don't even bother to explain they are not.

5 comments:

Dora said...

This is sooo beautiful love the paper you used so soft and sweet!

farmhouse-story said...

so sweet!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Beautiful layout laurel!
You really rocked the WP!
Gorgeous!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous lay out, they do look like sisters.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful layout, Laurel. They do look like sisters! And they remind me of my mom, too. Love the hair! That's what reminds me most of my mom.

How lovely that they are able to travel so much together. Good for them!

All your "fussy cutting" looks fab, too.

01 09 10