Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pebbles Princess Pack

When I saw this inspiration photo from Cupcake Inspirations, I immediately knew that I wanted to play with my Pebbles Ever After paper and accessories.


Although my girls are big and beyond this type of paper I ordered it to make some cards for the little girls in my class (a great benefit to teaching grade one - I always have some little princesses to create for - and there is always for sure one little princess in each class).  Well the inspiration made me dig out my Cricut Once Upon a Princess cartridge and play.  I made a crown and a wand for my 'Star Helper' to wear during story time in our Fairytale Unit (now to make a boy crown for the boys).  The large 'jewels' on the top were made with crepe paper and glubers.  So here is the whole thing together:


A close up of my tulle bow, the rosettes and the pleated paper along the bottom of the crown.  I have attached a couple of strips of paper to the sides and will use paper clips ,I'm sure I will have a few of these in class ;) to hold it on the heads.  I used one of the Ever After dimensional stickers for the front.


A close up of the wand.  I have layered some of the Pebbles flower buttons in the center, Glue Dots work wonders for holding these on!

Now with the scraps I made a card. I used the Inspirational Card Sketches sketch:

For the card I used my Wild Card cartridge to cut out the card base.  The wand and sentiment were cut with the Big Kids Slice card.  Again more Pebbles dimensional stickers and a flower button.  The little journaling tag is from Pretty Little Studio.  This is also for the Die Cuttin Divas challenge - shaped cards.



There now I have had my 'little girl' fix and have a card all ready for next year.  I better do some chores.

16 comments:

Karen Day said...

Oh my goodness, what 6 year old (princess or not!) wouldn't LOVE to wear this?

Bethany said...

So so sweet!!! I teach first grade too, and I know for sure you'll make some little girls very happy with this!!!

Misty Olsen said...

Your cards are always so lovely and perfect....I just love them all...Thanks for sharing another perfect creation...

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Paige Taylor Evans said...

How completely adorable is all of this!?!

farmhouse-story said...

some little girl is gonna love this, laurel:)

Zulma said...

Beautiful card Laurel! lovely d/p and embellish. TFS with us at Cupcakes Inspirations this week.
Zulma DT

Anonymous said...

how adorable and sweet.

lisa a.

Cre8tiveVet said...

Such a wonderful card and terrific idea for the little ones. thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

AN said...

OOh--aivan loistava teos tähän ICS.haasteeseen --kiitos kun tulit mukaan tällä viikolla!
Onnea arvontaan!
Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle sinne<3

Debs said...

Sooo gorgeous, thanks for joining us at ICS this week
Hugs Debs

SmilynStef said...

What fabulous princess creations ... so glad you joined the fun at Inspirational Card Sketches.

Brenda said...

Such pretty princess creations! I jus tlove girly things!

Creative Diva said...

What pretty cards. I love the Princess theme. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Wow this is the cutest little set! Wonderful princess creations! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Georgiana said...

Whata lovley set and how lucky is that little princess going to feel?!?! I teach 5th grade, so my students are a little bigger, but I can the smiles now. Thank you for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Susie Little said...

Gorgeous card . Thank you for joining us at ICS xx

01 09 10