Saturday, December 24, 2011

Soup Gift Basket

This is my final post before Christmas, I hope that everyone has a great Christmas!

For this 'Something to Warm You up on a Cold Winter Day' basket it all started with this dish I got at a garage sale:


This basket is for my BIL who is a bachelor.  I built the basket around the bowl.  The metal basket was chrome and I sprayed it black.  The soup in a jar is Turkey noodle soup - we will send some of our turkey leftovers home with him after Christmas dinner so he has some to add to the soup.  I then purchased a Soup cookbook and a ladle.  I made the napkin with a cut out from my From My Kitchen Cricut cartridge, once again using the Removable Glue Dots to hold it in place.   Finally in the back are some socks, as I figure everyone can use new socks.


Just a close up of the napkin.



1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

What an awesome gift basket,Laurel! Really love that fun plate you found, and the napkin is just perfect. Bet your BIL just loves this. :)

01 09 10