Sunday, September 2, 2012

So Grateful

I finally have gotten my classroom all ready for the upcoming year.  I am not usually so last minute but we have been away and so busy this summer I had to go in this weekend too.  At least I have tomorrow off before we start on Tuesday.  Now I feel ready for fall.

Feeling ready for fall, had me in the mood to create another fall themed card.  I used my Bella Blvd Thankful collection along with a tag from Elle's Studio.  The Twine is from May Arts and I adhered it with some mini Glue Dots.  I do love my Cricut but I will never give up my Sizzix.  I used it to cut a chipboard leaf from an old chipboard coaster, adhered some pattern paper to it and then stitched.


I used this week's sketch from Sketchbook Saturday:

I was inspired by the Paper Players challenge:


13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeee the colors and the leaf!!!

Unknown said...

I love the blue in a fall card...awesome design!

~amy~ said...

Awesome fall card...my FAV season!

Brenda said...

Very colorful!

Barbara said...

Hi Laurel, What a gorgeous card. I did not know that you could cut a coaster with your sizzix. Wonder if
other cutters would work too?
Being a retired teacher, I know how you feel!! I am volunteering at my former school to help on the first morning with crowd control and lending a free hand wherever needed.
I do miss the beginning of school but am glad to be able to choose when I want to teach and when I want to be a grandma. Have a wonderful school year.

Tonya said...

This is beautiful.

Rose said...

bring on the Fall :)

love your card girl :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous card, Laurel! Since we started school last week, I've been really ready for fall, too. I absolutely love the mix of papers you used here. The stitching on the leaf is a fabulous touch, and I adore the looping twine. :)

Jaydee said...

Laurel, this is a gorgeous card. I love the explosion of color. Most of all... I love the stitching on the leaf. brilliant! So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week.
Jaydee

Karen B. said...

Great mix of bold, bright patterns!

Ann Schach said...

Such bright and cheery leaves, Laurel! I LOVE the stitching...it is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So colourful and gorgeous, Laurel! Autumn at its best :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Laurel! Wow is this ever pretty! Love the cheerful colors and the stitched accents. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

01 09 10