Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shopping List Holder

I have tried to use my iPhone as my 'everything' however I am still old school in that I like a grocery list.  If there is a list somewhere, then everyone in the house can add to it - otherwise they say they told me and if I don't go find my phone and add the item to my phone list - I don't buy it.  Then of course it is my fault ;)

Now I decided to go back to the 'old fashioned' way of having a grocery list and that way "if it wasn't on the list I didn't get it" - then it is their fault and I like that much better :)   Anyhow, when I saw this fun Fresh Vegetable Soup collection by Jillibean Soup - I knew just what I was going to do.  I dug out an old wooden board I picked up at a garage sale.  I painted the back and sides in a burnt red color then cut out some kraft cardstock to fit.  I stamped the Unity Woodgrain Stamp on it to mimic a wooden board then I just went to work layering paper, bits and pieces of the Fresh Vegetable Soup to create my list holder.


Now this just sits in a corner of my kitchen and it is much nicer to look at than the regular 'old fashioned' grocery list.


Here is what the board looked like before:

Now head on over to the Jillibean Soup Blog to see the other Projects the Designers have created.



13 comments:

~amy~ said...

That board is perfect for your project...so clever! love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this!! Looks AWESOME!! And I am an old fashioned paper girl too!! LOL!!

Jeanne said...

I loved the backstory behind this project and it makes the look of this even better! I tried a phone list all of one time before I knew it wasn't for me. Kudos to those who can embrace it. Pen and paper gals unite! Love how wonderful the project looks. You did an excellent job.

Jak Heath said...

Wow, I lurve this, it's so homespun.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome.. I so love how you stage your pictures.. I agree with you too grocery list just works for me too.. :)

Carla said...

What a fun idea to re-purpose the wooden board - great project!

Unknown said...

Stinkin' cute! And, I agree. I still use a paper grocery list too, and even then everyone forgets to add their items. And, it STILL is my fault that I didn't read their minds. :)

1CardCreator said...

What a beautiful and great idea Laurel! ~Diane

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

This is just adorable and what a great idea!!! It's always good to be able to say it's not your fault!!!

TesaB said...

So totally gorgeous!!!

Bananastamper said...

Oooh, so fun and cute!!!! I keep an "old fashioned" list too, lol! For the same reasons!

Alanna said...

Super cute.

bonnie said...

Awww what a super sweet project...I love a list! ;) Hugs x

01 09 10