Thursday, March 27, 2014

Travel Themed Home Decor using Xyron

The Xyron Design Team have been inspired by Pinterest this week.  We have taken inspiration from some projects we have seen on Pinterest that were not made with Xyron and then created some similar projects that do use Xyron.

I was inspired by some decorative clothes pins, which I love.  I decided to create a travel themed home decor collection.  I used some Studio Calico papers along with some Flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons and some Unity Stamps(Je t'aime, SMAK kits and Carte Postale).  The Xyron Create-a-Sticker and Creative Stations make altering items so easy.  


For this project, I upcycled a little canvas.  I layered and stitched my papers and stamped images before running them through my Creative Station then I just adhered to the canvas.  I then used some of the new 3/8" Dots to adhere the Flair buttons and the clothes pin.  I will be clipping some of the photos from my recent trip to Europe (France) in the clip and use this as a home decor piece.

For this little project I altered a large wooden clothes pin with paper, stamps and badges.  Once again, I ran my background paper through my Create-a-Sticker then just adhered it to the spray painted clothes pin,  The paper bits were adhered with a Mega Runner and finally the 3/8" Dots were used to adhere the buttons.  I will clip a couple of our London photos in this decor item.  

Here is my inspiration piece:



Now be sure to check out the Xyron Blog for more inspiration.

9 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome project, Laurel!

Annette Allen said...

so awesome Laurel..

Unknown said...

I love it ALL...and how apropo that you just went travelling. You'll be able to put these to excellent use!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! These are all AMAZING!!!!!!!

Karen Day said...

Very cool project, Laurel! I'm looking forward to seeing how all of that European inspiration that's floating around in your head appears in your projects over the next while :o)

Rose said...

awesome!!! love the large clothespin :)

~amy~ said...

SUCH an awesome project!Love it Laurel!

Jeanne said...

Terrific project Laurel. You are so creative! Hope you had a fabulous time on your recent trip!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such cute travel decor pieces, Laurel! Really love the altered canvas and the giant clip! These will be SO perfect with some of your recent vacation photos. :)

01 09 10