Monday, August 29, 2016

At it again!

You know apart from major family issues a couple of years ago that set me back in my crafting - lost mojo etc - I have also been battling hypothyroid, anemia and depression!  Luckily I think I have gotten a handle on them... I really want to get into my craft room more, not necessarily daily like before (if I do, I would be happy, but starting slow ;) )

I used some Shimelle paper and created a couple of coffee themed cards.  I really tried to make them very CAS - like basically a stamped sentiment with the coffee cup on foam squares... but the cards morphed, LOL!


On this first one I snipped the word smile off of the tag and replaced it with coffee... I think it works ;)  The coffee die is from  The Ton.  I fussy cut the 'label' for the coffee cup and adhered it then mounted the cup on foam squares.

You can see the little 'smile' I snipped from the tag above tucked in behind the cup.  The stamped sentiment is from Pink and Main

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay!!!!!!!
I love seeing you post and it's frosting on the cake that they're coffee cards💚 Love them both!!!!

Jeanne said...

I hope you are able to more regularly work with something that has brought you great joy. It's always a joy for me to see what you are creating. I am sorry you had that great struggle to work through. I'm sure it has helped you grow even stronger (though I'm sure you would have been just fine without that test, right?) In any case, seeing your work makes me smile. Even though I don't embrace coffee the way that others do, I sure can appreciate the wonderfully designed cards that celebrate it! :)

Teresa Kline said...

would luv to see you back, always luv your style! hope you are well! adorable cards!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Laurel, I am so glad you are getting back - I, too, had a "slump" - mine was more because my beloved came into my life and took up all my time and energy. I'm sorry you've been dealing with medical issues and hope they are receding into the past now.

I love your cards! I love, too, that you used the little piece (smile) that you had substituted with "coffee"! I am a true coffee addict - so both of these card speak to me!

Hugs!
Sharli

01 09 10