Monday, September 5, 2016

Style endures...

I have a fun card to share today.  Fun because I had fun combining all the different dies and stamp. The paper is Open Book by Crate Paper.  I used the Silhouette to cut out the dress.  The shoe die is from Paper Smooches, the 'Be' die is from Simon Says and the YOU is from a Concord and 9th die.  Finally the sentiment is from The Ton.  Oh and putting the little letters and pieces on are so much easier with my Xyron and Glue Dots!


You know what takes me the longest when I make simple cards like this.... it is the placement of the sequins!  That takes me forever!  Which is probably why I hardly ever use them.  Even when I finally do stick them on for good, I am still not 100% happy with them.  How do you all do it?!  They always look so good on your cards!  

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh wow, I love that sentiment. And I adore how you put together this card. Gosh, I so admire your ability to make pattern papers play so well together! Other people do sequins how you do that, I'm thinking! Here's something you might try, just off the top of my head. Take a few, hold them in your hand over the card and just drop them onto the card. Where they land is where you adhere them (not on your main image, though). I'm never 100% happy with the placement on my cards either to be perfectly honest. :) Happy 1st day of school. Hope it's the start of a great year!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Laurel, I love this card! I think the sequins look great.
I have no idea how to place them other than using the triangle placement, like you would if you were random stamping. I don't use sequins much for that very reason!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, I am the same way with sequins! Haha! Takes me forever and ever to place them, and I never think they look right. But I sooooo love them on everyone else's cards! I think you did great! And I LOVE the retro vibe to this fun card. Adorable dress and shoes, and that sentiment is fabulous! Super duper fun!

01 09 10