Sunday, October 16, 2016

CAS falling leaves...

Playing along with a few challenges today on this very rainy morning!  We were supposed to get quite the wind/rain storm last night but it must have blown by and missed.  Just the rain, no wind.

Anyhow a clean and simple card for me... the Paper Players challenge is what challenged me... you know me, CAS is not super easy for me!  I used the Woodland Forest collection by Pebbles along with a stamp from Impression Obsession (Falling Leaves).

I have to have some texture on my cards :) So I zig zagged some stitching on the leaves and even used one of my stencils (TCW Coffee Splotch) to lightly ink some distressing... I don't ever seem to use my stencils.

Now for the challenges click on images: 

I thought the sentiment was perfect for this photo from {Pin}spirational

Now I'm off to make some turkey soup...perfect for a rainy day don't you think?

10 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE the shabby chic look of this card! Your stitching is just fabulous. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!

Sherri Thacker said...

I love the stitching through the leaves. Great card!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Great autumn card, Laurel! Glad the storm passed without to much to write home about!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous fall card. I like how you zig zagged on the leaves. That looks neat. Great colors. So glad the storm wasn't worse. Whew. Turkey soup sounds delicious! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

I love it! The leaves are beautiful!!

laurie said...

That is an awesome sentiment! I love the gorgeous leaves. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players...so happy you joined us!

Jaydee said...

Love the stitching on your leaves - and am obsessed with that sentiment! Fabulous CAS card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anonymous said...

Stunning Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!Lisa DT

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a lovely fall card!

Thank you for participating in the last {PIN}Spirational Challenge. A new one has just begun... I hope you'll check it out and play along with it, too!

01 09 10