Saturday, April 15, 2017

A couple of sweet cards

Some sweet cards for you today :) I decided to dig into my Fruit Stand paper and went to work doing some fussy cutting.   These cards would work well with a little jam, tea or fruit gift basket. 




First up I used the peach pattern paper.  
I added a bit of messy stitching.... there is just something with me and white space.... it is hard for me :)

Playing along with a couple of challenges: 



Next up are the strawberries.  This time I tucked in a bit of May Arts burlap ribbon. 

The top strawberry is mounted on foam squares.

The sketch is from: 



9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Laurel, these are FABulous!

Patrice said...

I LOVE both of these cards, Laurel. The pop of colour on all that white space makes me swoon, and the natural fibre is a great finishing touch. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink again this week. x

Nikki Spencer said...

Two gorgeous cards Laurel. Your sweet peaches and lovely clean design are stunning. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Jeanne said...

Sweet cards! I thought you might have added a bit of ink to the peaches. Nope, they look that tempting all on their own. ;) I like the bit of stitching. It adds fun texture. You have a good eye for design! Have a beautiful day today! :) Will the sun shine for an egg hunt?

Christine Blain said...

I love the dreamy colours on your first card, Laurel. I have a lot of trouble with "white space", too, but you've used it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Audrey Pettit said...

LOVE these! Absolute LOVE! Your piles of fruit are so fabulous, and I love the warm homespun feel to your designs. The bit of burlap was such a great touch. And yes, I agree, how perfect these would be with a jam, tea, or fruit gift basket!!

Unknown said...

deliciously beautiful!

Jeanne J. said...

These are both just yummy! I love all the texture from the burlap and twine with that scrumptious fruit!

Anonymous said...

Both very sweet cards, I love the texture you have added to your cards. Makes them so tactile. Chantell Just Add Ink

01 09 10