Sunday, January 7, 2018

52 Friday Favorites....

I saw this challenge in the Paper Issues (Friends and Fans) group on Facebook and I loved the idea!  I did project life a few years back, and I am glad that I did it, I enjoyed it but it was A LOT of work and I know I won't do it again.  This... however, is much more casual at least for me it will be.  Every Friday just journaling my favorites of the week... be it moments, meals, projects - basically anything I want to jot down.  Sometimes I may include a picture but I think it is going to be more of a weekly diary so to say. 

Anyways, I had to have a pretty one so I had about 1/2 hour Friday afternoon before heading out to do errands so I quickly whipped up a cover for a basic office supply journal I had kicking around.  I used the Open Book collection by Crate Paper.... seemed rather fitting, the name and of course it had some black and white plaid, text paper and pink flowers... all my favorites ;)  I am a big purger... so if something is older and still in my craft room -well I must love it!


I just just layered bits of the pattern paper, ephemera and chipboard.  Then to make it really 'me' I added stitching and staples. 


Voila.  Half hour and ready for my first week of favorites, which  of course included my favorite 'Kaiahism...'

I was shopping the other day in Costco with my mom and my grand daughter.  My grand daughter and I were looking for my mom who managed to sneak away for a bit.

Kaiah pipes up (and of course, being a 3 year old, says it nice and loud) "Where is that silly great grandma now?! (sigh)  I don't have time for this!"

She kills me!  I love spending time with her.



1 comment:

Jeanne said...

What a great idea! Beautiful cover for your journal. Very Laurel. Love the colors. And your entry is hilarious. Your granddaughter is a hoot for sure. EI'm sure you are going to enjoy this project! :)

01 09 10