Thursday, March 1, 2018

Smile... you have what it takes

Thursday means another Inspired By Challenge.

At first I was tempted to pull out all of the green but instead I went with the rolling hills, stitching, clusters of elements and colors.

I used the Open Book collection by Crate Paper (I think I need to buy more!)


For the 'rolling hills' I used the Snowdrift Coverup die by MFT.  I stitched it in place then went to work creating the clusters.  I love to cluster things.  In this case I fussy cut images from the pattern paper.  The flowers were mounted on foam squares for dimension.  I also added a Silhouette sentiment and a stamped sentiment from the Vicky Girl Stamp set by Unity.  I cut this sentiment apart and adhered it.  As a final touch I adhered some little sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 



Here is the inspiration picture.... can you see what I did?  Now be sure to pop on over to the Inspired By blog to see what amazing creations the team came up with!  Click on photo...


Also playing along with: Simon Says: Anything Goes






6 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Jeanne said...

Very smart to stitch on the hills. That's not the easiest task, given how thin those "hills" are. Sure adds wonderful texture. I really like your fussy cut flowers. Such a pretty card!

Jhays said...

Great card! I love the stitching. Beautiful.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous flowers and "rollling hills"!! Such pretty elements to put together!

Danni Reid said...

Laurel, this your card is so, so beautiful, love the layering!

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

01 09 10