Monday, April 9, 2018

Mindful Monday Moments- Blue

Welcome to the second Mindful Monday challenge.  What is Mindful Monday?  well... it is explained here, but in a nutshell, documenting simple things that just make us happy.  I think it is important to take the time to be mindful and just appreciate what we have, and the simple and amazing things that surround us in our daily lives.  

I don't know about you, but for me, each month has a 'color'.  Not sure why, but when I think of the month certain colors come to mind (e.g. March is green, October is orange, November is brown....).  For me, April is blue.  So that is where the inspiration comes from today.  

Blue.  When I first tried to document this word and what it means to me, I had a hard time pulling one thing that really spoke to me.  I have a few dear blue items and then it dawned on me.... I don't like all colors of blue, there is basically just one that really speaks to me... and it is a country blue.

I have so many happy memories associated with this color starting with my Mrs. Beasley doll - who I had for many years and was heartbroken when I lost her, only to find that I had left her outside and she somehow got destroyed... perhaps by our dog!  Or it could be the heartwarming feeling I get when I see blue china... my auntie had it all over her kitchen.  We used to live right beside her, she had 4 boys and kind of spoiled me.  Another blue... my grandmas hydrangeas which bloomed right by her front door as we went in.  I always loved them.

So I'm not sure exactly why, but when I see this country blue color it just makes me happy, now if it is a distressed, shabby, peeling paint of something.... even better!

I have used the Gather collection by Crate Paper as it was the perfect blue for the feeling I was going for.  I have also used some Unity stamps to add interest to the otherwise plain papers.  I have used the Life is What You Make It, Happy Little Moments and the Endure stamp sets.   That little resin bird is from Maya Road. 



I cut the title with my Silhouette. 



If you do play along, please display the badge and link back here :)



    


So I would love to see your interpretation of blue... perhaps a favorite pair of shoes, old blue jeans, a car, blanket, something from your wedding..... so many ways to go with this one, but remember.... share the story and how it makes you happy. 


1 comment:

Marlena M. said...

You had me at blue and Mrs. Beasley~oh my heart! I had a coloring book from that show. Wonderful challenge and prompt. Gorgeous work Laurel! Thanks for the nudge to share deeper~

01 09 10