Monday, April 2, 2018

Mindful Monday Moments.... spring

Happy Monday!  Is there such a thing?! ;)  Well, I'm on a mission to make Mondays just a little bit better.  Have you read the books "The Book of Awesome" by Neil Pasricha?  I read them when they first came out and I really wanted to create my own book of awesome - simple things that just make me happy, make my heart happy.

Anyways, the idea has been stirring for a few years and I am finally taking the plunge.  I have been watching the 'travelers notebooks' style of memory keeping and the light bulb finally went on and I thought, "That is how I am going to do my book of awesome!"



So today I am sharing my first page.... but wait there is more.... I decided to make it a weekly challenge of sorts.

Anyone can play.  I will post the challenge graphic at the end of the post.  How do you play?  Easy, either share a layout, notebook page, or even just a photo you have taken.

Here's the catch... don't just take any photo.... make it meaningful, mindful to YOU!  We all can take spring photos but what is spring to YOU.  What simple things just make you happy based on the theme.  What makes your heart happy? Does that make sense?

Yes today's theme is spring.

For me... the happy little faces of daffodils make me happy in spring.  Even on the gloomiest, rainy days, they are there smiling up at me.  

I have used some SRM Stickers, American Crafts papers and some Elle's Studio tags for my pages today.  That spring die is from Echo Park and the stamps are from Technique Tuesday 

The stamps are from Technique Tuesday.  I included a quote by William Wordsworth as it sums up my pages.   See that frame?  I seem to have a few of them that I never use.  I just cut it in half and used part on each of the pages just to add some interest. 

Here I have cut a sticker in half, stapled on and the other half is on the other page. 

Yes, yes they do ;) 



Now I would love for you to play along.  Remember.... make it meaningful to you... be mindful of the spring moments around and capture one that really speaks to you.

What is it to you?  chirping birds, wearing capris, flower buds, spring rain, spring shoes, a scent, warmth of the sun.... so many simple things that can be pretty awesome.

Also playing along at 

(the Technique Tuesday stamp is at least 5 years old and is now retired :) ) 

(anything goes)



If you play, be sure to share the challenge  badge and link up here :)




5 comments:

Claire Grantham said...

This is very pretty. I might have to come back and play along.. Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Teresa Kline said...

such a sweet idea, luv the page and design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Debbie Mageed said...

Wonderful! I love how crafters use their supplies for journaling! This is fantastic! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Beautiful Journaling pages, love the daffodil picture and all the fabulous details you added to the pages.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

Katy McGloin said...

Very mindful and inspirational post! Love your details and journaling in addition to stamps. Wouldn't it be fun to see everyone's responses to your question!! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with Retro Rubber.

01 09 10