Sunday, May 6, 2018

Scrappy Sunday with My Mind's Eye


I was getting ready to head out for a run but then saw the Scraplift Sunday from Paper Issues today and had to play first 😏

I used the Wanderer collection by My Mind's Eye for my page.

Every Saturday my grand daughter and I head out for a walk ---- or as she calls it an adventure.  This time we went over by my mom's and my mom came along as well.  My grand daughter likes to run ahead.  She ran up and stared at the waterfall and I love the photo that I got of her.  

Now it looks like she was standing there for hours taking it all in, but truth be told I was lucky if it was a minute 😉 as she doesn't stand still long.  I used a sentiment from the Leave Ordinary Behind kit from Unity.  I stamped it on vellum and then adhered to the photo. 


There... less than one hour start to finish, gotta like that.  However... now there is no excuse not to run so off I go as my dog is laying beside me sighing!

Here is the layout for this week's Scraplift Sunday - gorgeous hey?!



2 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Terrific woodsy forest version instead of the spring flower garden version in Anita's layout for Paper Issues. I don't know if my brain would have made a leap like that to say Oh, I could do this and that for last Saturday's photo. Kudos to you for your genius creativity and willingness to share!!!

Jeanne said...

How wonderful that you were able to capture this moment in time, Laurel. I adore the woodsy feel of the layout. Once I looked at the sketch, there is no way I would have made the jump to go woodsy like you did. You are so creative. I adore all the details. Especially that your granddaughter stopped for the waterfall. They are so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing! I'd have scrapped another layout instead of running. But then, I'm so NOT a runner! LOL

01 09 10